lost in the capital...

11:47 Edit This 5 Comments »
exciting news. yesterday me and Katie went on an exploration of London! we conquered Wholefoods, managed to get lost somewhere along the way to Finsbury Park, and finally collapsed in Starbucks on Oxford Street :)

for context, our grand plan was to go to the allergy and gluten free show in Kensington Olympia. so obviously, we had to visit Wholefoods in Ken High St first. now I have to say, I've only ever been to the one in Soho. and it is SO inferior. I was rather in awe at the size and multiple floors! I had also never tried their salad bar, and am now convinced that I was seriously deprived all these years.

we also did some shopping and I have to say, the only thing I was interested in buying was PB&Co Dark Choc Dreams! they don't stock it in Soho, which after having tasted it I must say is pretty shocking ;)

anyway after Wholefoods we wandered off to the Olympia, but didn't spend long at the show cause it was kind of small. next mission was Camden, and getting absolutely lost and confused in the markets! funnily enough, we also got lost on LEAVING Camden as we tried to walk and ended up going in the total wrong direction, getting a bus, deciding the bus was too hot, getting out and getting the tube, THEN finally being so tired/hot/half dead that Starbucks near Oxford Circus basically seemed like an oasis in the desert! despite all out silliness tho, it was super fun to hang out with Katie again, and especially in London cause we've never done that before and I LOVE London.

I got the train home from Waterloo after saying goodbye to Katie, and also picked up a sandwich for dinner cause I was way too tired to cook anything. I knew it had to be a bit heavier tho as I normally cook dinner so I picked something I've always wanted to try but put back as soon as I saw the label during my ED, lol.



this was good! expensive though, but still. and loads of that brand of sandwiches seem to have butter instead of mayo which wins me over in an instant.

as far as more food goes, I'm currently thinking of as many ways as possible to dig into my jar of Dark Chocolate Dreams. step one, my Sunday night snack, was to spread it on a chocolate chip Clif bar. this was AWESOME. and I have to say, I really love the Clif bars too, I wish I'd bought more! anyway today's attempt number two at peanut butter snackage was also great...



seed/oat bread, PB & banana. fantastic. I remember eating this for breakfast in school when I was doing better with the ED. however, my version now with interesting bread and PB&Co definitely beats the Sunpride and SunPat days!

in other news, I phoned up today and am in the process of organising my return to uni in October! unbelievably excited about this. the secretary told me they need my medical note by September, so lots of good motivation to meet my target by September, which is what I was planning/hoping for anyway. I've got to say, there is an underlying unease about returning to somewhere I got so unwell. I can't help thinking there will be really vivid memories while walking around town of this winter, the struggle it was to get around and into uni, the shops I was in and out of a bajillion times a week, my little vacation in the general hospital. I suppose the only way is to keep moving forward mentally so that I can be sure those memories will be 100% sad and scary, and not trigger me at all.

next mission: DEXA scan, tidy my room, organise my summer!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wrong about the other photo, THIS is the worst photo of me ever! I don't suppose you'd mind taking it out would you? If I really look like that I'm going to have to hide my head in a paper bag for all eternity :p
It was great seeing you again too :) I was completely knackered yesterday! Good luck with the DEXA x

Anonymous said...

Ooh, spamming your blog :p in the freak out over the photo I forgot to say, maybe our potential road trip up north will help replace some of those memories for you? I know we can't write over all of them, but having a newer image of you walking around Durham in the sun and feeling so much better might help when you move back there :)

EvilGenius said...

hehe all gone :D
yeah, I am tres excited about revisiting Durham for that very reason! and we have to go to the Katie friendly restaurant in York for similar purposes ;)
xx

Anonymous said...

I cant wait to get to london and go to wholefoods!! xx

Anonymous said...

I didn't know there was one in soho, but the kensington one is amazing! did you find pumpkin? have you tried the white chocolate PB? (it's called vanilla here for some reason).

Train station sandwiches are notoriously overpriced, but yeah...I like butter better than mayo too! when I was in the US, nobody ever put butter on sandwiches (except me :P )

so cool about uni, and YES- good motivation!