brief interlude
15:15 Edit This 9 Comments »
mainly to say ask me questions here!
I originally thought of starting it cause I wanted to be able to help anyone with questions as I got further on in my recovery. obviously I am still in the early stages, but at the same time my memory of the very first few days and weeks is extremely vivid still so I can help with that ;) and I can also talk about how I am overcoming specific challenges with binge/purge subtype anorexia til I am blue in the face. I've always found that treatment can be difficult here cause they always assumed I was either totally 'anorexic' or totally 'bulimic' in thought patterns, whereas I found myself somewhere in between. so I basically worked out some particular techniques and ideas for myself, and would love to be able to help anyone with similar problems.
ALSO though, I am more than up for fun, random or silly questions :D I can ramble on about anything and will probably answer most things unless they're things I wouldn't even tell my best friend or something ;)
sidenote about my picture on Formspring...it's me at my highest weight, and I put it up there cause for the first time I'm actually starting to see myself then as attractive, which has to be a good thing! there are only a handful of pictures of me then and one of my closest friends took this one, cause I wasn't leaving the house much (weight issues, eyeroll) but I went to see her cause I'm so comfortable with her and she managed to cheer me up and even snap a smiling picture. anyway, I avoided that picture for years, hating myself in it, but for the first time I'm sort of aiming to get back there (well, a bit higher, but you know what I mean!) so I thought it would be a fun one to put up.
aside from that shameless self promotion, I haven't been up to much today except work, but as I said in my last post I went out with my amazing 'food friend' as she said in a comment on Saturday! we've been really close for months, and recently we've been going out for lunch on Saturdays as a sort of weekly fun and a challenge. so this time we went to a really cute little restaurant in a town in Yorkshire, and bought some SERIOUSLY weird food in the stalls nearby. check this out...

yep. BANANA CHEESE. nah, I'm kidding, it's not actually cheese. you know how lemon curd is sometimes called lemon cheese? well yeah, it's effectively banana curd, made with bananas, sugar, eggs and butter. weird, but seriously good! my favourite way to eat it so far is with cream cheese, cause it's really sweet so that cuts through it nicely. but it also goes well with PB to make banana/PB toast but in a spreadable form!
ok, enough weird food info for the day :P but I thought that might amuse someone.
seeing as people seemed to like my grumpy face food, here's another example of me being childish in the form of a bagel (with BANANA CHEESE!) and banana/PB evening snack...

more when the next essay of doom is handed in (three from six done now!)
I originally thought of starting it cause I wanted to be able to help anyone with questions as I got further on in my recovery. obviously I am still in the early stages, but at the same time my memory of the very first few days and weeks is extremely vivid still so I can help with that ;) and I can also talk about how I am overcoming specific challenges with binge/purge subtype anorexia til I am blue in the face. I've always found that treatment can be difficult here cause they always assumed I was either totally 'anorexic' or totally 'bulimic' in thought patterns, whereas I found myself somewhere in between. so I basically worked out some particular techniques and ideas for myself, and would love to be able to help anyone with similar problems.
ALSO though, I am more than up for fun, random or silly questions :D I can ramble on about anything and will probably answer most things unless they're things I wouldn't even tell my best friend or something ;)
sidenote about my picture on Formspring...it's me at my highest weight, and I put it up there cause for the first time I'm actually starting to see myself then as attractive, which has to be a good thing! there are only a handful of pictures of me then and one of my closest friends took this one, cause I wasn't leaving the house much (weight issues, eyeroll) but I went to see her cause I'm so comfortable with her and she managed to cheer me up and even snap a smiling picture. anyway, I avoided that picture for years, hating myself in it, but for the first time I'm sort of aiming to get back there (well, a bit higher, but you know what I mean!) so I thought it would be a fun one to put up.
aside from that shameless self promotion, I haven't been up to much today except work, but as I said in my last post I went out with my amazing 'food friend' as she said in a comment on Saturday! we've been really close for months, and recently we've been going out for lunch on Saturdays as a sort of weekly fun and a challenge. so this time we went to a really cute little restaurant in a town in Yorkshire, and bought some SERIOUSLY weird food in the stalls nearby. check this out...
yep. BANANA CHEESE. nah, I'm kidding, it's not actually cheese. you know how lemon curd is sometimes called lemon cheese? well yeah, it's effectively banana curd, made with bananas, sugar, eggs and butter. weird, but seriously good! my favourite way to eat it so far is with cream cheese, cause it's really sweet so that cuts through it nicely. but it also goes well with PB to make banana/PB toast but in a spreadable form!
ok, enough weird food info for the day :P but I thought that might amuse someone.
seeing as people seemed to like my grumpy face food, here's another example of me being childish in the form of a bagel (with BANANA CHEESE!) and banana/PB evening snack...
more when the next essay of doom is handed in (three from six done now!)

9 comments:
Hahaha that last pic had me in stitches! mmm am liking the sound of banana cheese, even though it isn't really cheese...hmm
I think it's so great that you are putting yourself out there to help others, and I know just what you mean about people wanting to treat you either as anorexic or bulimic, as if these are isolated categories. I felt very alone when my disorder first became a combination of the two, and would have really appreciated someone to talk to...so yes, am sure you can help lots of people :-)
Your formspring pic looks lovely btw ;)
Sarah x
*formspring stalks*
Hmmm, banana curd. I love lemon curd, not sure how I feel about banan curd. It sounds really interesting though.
Oh and that food picture had me giggling, I love childish dirty things like that. >=D
Hope you are well x
I hope the formspring venture goes well :) I think you're very wise with a lot of great advice to give, so it's lovely of you to put yourself out there like that. It's a gorgeous pic of you on there too.
I'm so happy you have your foodie friend, who seems absolutely wonderful. It was so kind of her to reassure me about Friday so huge thanks there. And I'm also glad that I wasn't being *too* emotionally dense at the time. Seeing you totally brightened my day (and subsequent week-end!)
Yeah! You're knocking those essays down like coconuts. I knew you could do it.
<3
~Jess~
I've always thought you looked great in that photo :) Did you put it up on LB? I know I've seen it before because I remember you saying you hated it and me wishing that you could see what I saw.
LOL at your interesting snack arrangement. I know what it should look like but all I can see is that muppet with the long nose :P
Totally gonna make use of that question asking thingy..i have so many!...but often feel bad about my urges to pick your ridiculously amazing brain so much when it comes to recovery..
Anyhoo..banana cheese?...ack..sounds so wrong..
Essays all in now?
xx
Oh dear, the bagel photo just made me think of a penis. I should see a face right? Me and my silly mind.
Loves you. Shhhh man.
Han
Oh and feel free to say Hannah. Food friend sounds a little bit pathetic somehow! True of course, but y'know ;)
lol nooo I was going for the phallic image, you were right :P
I shall name & shame you from now on in my entries then :D
xx
Ha, I love that last pic--my mind went straight to the gutter on it :)
And that banana cheese sounds so interesting.
I think it's so amazing how far you've come and how well you're doing. I love that picture on formspring--you look so beautiful.
Post a Comment