Shrek Mark Two
13:27 Edit This 4 Comments »
sooo event of the past few days...NEW CAR!
ok, not reeeeally my car exactly, but I'm going to be the only one using it for a few years probably so I am going to take temporary custody of it anyway ;)
my old car was a 12 year old green VW Polo called 'Shrek' because he's green and I'm Fiona! we got very attached to one another, he may have been old but he was sturdy and took me on lots of adventures! anyway, the time came when we had to give up on Shrek and with this government scrappage scheme thing my dad bought a new Mini and traded in Shrek. sooo...picture?

I haven't named the Mini yet, but it's an awesome drive. I love driving so much, I'm basically like a boy, and I'd never driven anything except Shrek and my instructor's Corsa for the entire three years I've been driving.
So, round up of my first day with the new car?
had a late lunch at Starbucks and didn't snap it, but managed something I've wanted to try for quite awhile, the chicken/red pesto pasta salad. along with a grande coffee frap. don't really know why but pasta = not an easy food for me to keep down. I think I don't trust the serving sizes very easily and I feel like it's easy to eat too much of it. but this was the perfect portion and tasted awesome.
did some shopping of both the food and clothes variety after lunch. now you get a pic of meeeee :)

can't see my new clothes that well but w/e. just bought loose stuff now but when I've got to my first tentative 'target' me and jeans shopping have a date.
dinner was out at Carluccio's...oh FCUK another challenge lol. I had the linguine with squid, mussels, chili and garlic. to be fair this was a huge portion I thought, but I reckon I was quite sensible about it and ate at least three-quarters before I decided I was full. oh and I also had some Bulmers, while telling my dad 'it has plenty of calories, I'd better start drinking those at home'. lol. love cider.
ah ps now I am posting food and such the standard applies: I'm following a plan but I won't narrate and/or picture everything I eat. so there will be stuff that's not on here ;) also my diet will probs seem on the low side atm as I've been on maintenance for awhile and am just starting to gain again so atm it seems I can meet my wt gain goals at 2200, it will be upped when/if needed!
ok, not reeeeally my car exactly, but I'm going to be the only one using it for a few years probably so I am going to take temporary custody of it anyway ;)
my old car was a 12 year old green VW Polo called 'Shrek' because he's green and I'm Fiona! we got very attached to one another, he may have been old but he was sturdy and took me on lots of adventures! anyway, the time came when we had to give up on Shrek and with this government scrappage scheme thing my dad bought a new Mini and traded in Shrek. sooo...picture?
I haven't named the Mini yet, but it's an awesome drive. I love driving so much, I'm basically like a boy, and I'd never driven anything except Shrek and my instructor's Corsa for the entire three years I've been driving.
So, round up of my first day with the new car?
had a late lunch at Starbucks and didn't snap it, but managed something I've wanted to try for quite awhile, the chicken/red pesto pasta salad. along with a grande coffee frap. don't really know why but pasta = not an easy food for me to keep down. I think I don't trust the serving sizes very easily and I feel like it's easy to eat too much of it. but this was the perfect portion and tasted awesome.
did some shopping of both the food and clothes variety after lunch. now you get a pic of meeeee :)
can't see my new clothes that well but w/e. just bought loose stuff now but when I've got to my first tentative 'target' me and jeans shopping have a date.
dinner was out at Carluccio's...oh FCUK another challenge lol. I had the linguine with squid, mussels, chili and garlic. to be fair this was a huge portion I thought, but I reckon I was quite sensible about it and ate at least three-quarters before I decided I was full. oh and I also had some Bulmers, while telling my dad 'it has plenty of calories, I'd better start drinking those at home'. lol. love cider.
ah ps now I am posting food and such the standard applies: I'm following a plan but I won't narrate and/or picture everything I eat. so there will be stuff that's not on here ;) also my diet will probs seem on the low side atm as I've been on maintenance for awhile and am just starting to gain again so atm it seems I can meet my wt gain goals at 2200, it will be upped when/if needed!

4 comments:
I know you can do it :-) I've just upped from 2300 to 2500 - tis tough but I'm getting through it and I know you will too.
Can't believe it about Tara. That girl.. Very sweet but very sad. She's been in and out of hospital since she was 12 - used to smash windows in Wisteria when she thought her portion was too big. Dear me. There wasn't (I'm praying not) a girl called Eleanor there? Small (height wise, width-wise goes without saying on an EDU!) Dark hair? Obsessed by animals?
Oooh do you still go to Springfield for outpatient? Maybe one day we'll bump into each other ;-) I get my flavoured PB from Wholefoods in Kensington IE my little patch of heaven...
omg new Shrek! He will tell you what his name is, you just need to drive him for a few days/weeks. Yep.
Well done for the Starbucks and the dinner out :) yaaay Fi! Is that another new pink hoodie? You've never struck me as a pink sort of person but it suits you :) and you're smiling again - you'd better watch out or you'll end up with a new nickname, how can you be an evil genius without your trademark evil genius photo expression?! Hehe
I hope you have a nice Sunday, the weather is lovely down here.
love the car!
Carluccios always looks great- he was in the priory recently (irrelevant, lol). Love your dad's comment about the cider- mine always pushes 'brown ale' (I don't even know what that IS!)
enjoy the rest of your weekend!
CAR ENVY. That is hella hot. I just used the word hella. OH DEAR. Chuffed as hell for you, know you love driving and you very much deserve some sort of treat.
Reading the past few entries of your have left me feeling two things - extraordinarily happy (and slightly revieved) for you and the changes and progess you are making, and also extremely contemplative (had to google that to make sure it was a real word, how sad). So I thank you for that.
what you're doing is hard as bloody hell but I'm glad you're appreciating the small rewards its so far bringing, remind yourself how much bigger the rewards are going to be if you continue too. Life! Real life! It's going to be worth it.
Adore you as ever.
Hannah xx
Post a Comment