buried under a pile of essays...
11:16 Edit This 6 Comments »
which is exactly why I probably shouldn't be writing this post right now! but never mind, I'll consider it light relief. I have six due in the next three weeks, totalling 12,000 words, so there may not be huge or particularly deep posts coming from me in that time ;)
on the other hand, pictures I can do!

typical breakfast and/or snack...observe the skill of fitting anywhere from 400-600 calories into a bowl of yogurt! this one includes greek yogurt (I use Total), Grape Nuts cereal, dried cherries and white choc chip mix, blueberry yogurt raisins, banana and candied melon. making interesting mixtures with these is always fun and colourful!

'new' food number 1 of the week. it's amazing how many foods I'm coming to realise were 'off limits' until now without me even knowing it! I probably have something that I haven't kept down before and kind of intimidates me every couple of days, but I still have a seemingly endless list!

another one...spiced fruit english muffin with butter and philadelphia/honey (it was the melted butter that was the issue lol...so good though)

lunch today - egg mayo/ham sub roll, asparagus, strawberry trifle. do note that's a pretty small lunch for me :P tis cause I had a big breakfast today ;)
so speaking of breakfasts...why was mine big? yeah pancake day you guessed it! I couldn't take pictures cause I made them with my housemate :( but they were amazing! we used 'add water and shake' mixture cause we were lazy, and made american pancakes! I had two big ones with strawberry marshmallow fluff and a banana, plus tofu scramble as well. best breakfast ever...I actually want to make more soon even if it isn't pancake day, just cause they're fun!
oh aside from food I do have another interesting picture! someone sent me an anonymous Valentine's card...

see initially I assumed this was my dad, cause I couldn't think of any potential suitors and he's just the sort of practical joker who would do that! but the postmark is Tyneside, which is 5 hours away from my parent's home, even he wouldn't go that far for a prank! so basically, I am stumped, but it was a fun surprise!
generally I'm doing really good and feeling positive, aside from the essay crisis anyway! the only thing which is driving me insane is that the dreaded 'stomach eating itself 24/7' hunger seems to have returned with a vengeance just to spite me! there isn't much to do about it I guess so am just kind of riding it out, and seriously hoping that once my weight is a bit better my body will realise I'm not about to starve it again any time soon. I missed my appointment today cause of the essay crisis so I don't know my weight, but I am guessing it is around the point I was when I self-discharged from inpatient last year, so I should be into a more stable if still underweight stage soon, hopefully that will help. crossed fingers ;)
hopefully I will take breaks from the endless essaying to update soon, but if not don't worry, I am alive, if buried under a pile of books in the library :)
on the other hand, pictures I can do!
typical breakfast and/or snack...observe the skill of fitting anywhere from 400-600 calories into a bowl of yogurt! this one includes greek yogurt (I use Total), Grape Nuts cereal, dried cherries and white choc chip mix, blueberry yogurt raisins, banana and candied melon. making interesting mixtures with these is always fun and colourful!
'new' food number 1 of the week. it's amazing how many foods I'm coming to realise were 'off limits' until now without me even knowing it! I probably have something that I haven't kept down before and kind of intimidates me every couple of days, but I still have a seemingly endless list!
another one...spiced fruit english muffin with butter and philadelphia/honey (it was the melted butter that was the issue lol...so good though)
lunch today - egg mayo/ham sub roll, asparagus, strawberry trifle. do note that's a pretty small lunch for me :P tis cause I had a big breakfast today ;)
so speaking of breakfasts...why was mine big? yeah pancake day you guessed it! I couldn't take pictures cause I made them with my housemate :( but they were amazing! we used 'add water and shake' mixture cause we were lazy, and made american pancakes! I had two big ones with strawberry marshmallow fluff and a banana, plus tofu scramble as well. best breakfast ever...I actually want to make more soon even if it isn't pancake day, just cause they're fun!
oh aside from food I do have another interesting picture! someone sent me an anonymous Valentine's card...
see initially I assumed this was my dad, cause I couldn't think of any potential suitors and he's just the sort of practical joker who would do that! but the postmark is Tyneside, which is 5 hours away from my parent's home, even he wouldn't go that far for a prank! so basically, I am stumped, but it was a fun surprise!
generally I'm doing really good and feeling positive, aside from the essay crisis anyway! the only thing which is driving me insane is that the dreaded 'stomach eating itself 24/7' hunger seems to have returned with a vengeance just to spite me! there isn't much to do about it I guess so am just kind of riding it out, and seriously hoping that once my weight is a bit better my body will realise I'm not about to starve it again any time soon. I missed my appointment today cause of the essay crisis so I don't know my weight, but I am guessing it is around the point I was when I self-discharged from inpatient last year, so I should be into a more stable if still underweight stage soon, hopefully that will help. crossed fingers ;)
hopefully I will take breaks from the endless essaying to update soon, but if not don't worry, I am alive, if buried under a pile of books in the library :)

6 comments:
Oooh I used to love Smartie cookies mmm...and what a cute valentines card :-)
The hunger will definitely subside I'm sure, it has for me anyway since reaching/staying at a healthy point. I guess until it's safe again your body doesn't really trust you so always wants to make sure you want to eat!
As ever you are doing fab, and a very happy pancake day to you!
Please don't drown in a sea of books and essays! hehe
Sarah x
When I first looked at your yoghurt bowl I thought that the raisins were Cadbury's Mini Eggs for some reason! Everything looks lovely; either haloed in warm light or bursting with rainbow colours. Kind of symbolises the nourishing aspect of recovery, perhaps? Actually I think your lunch photo should be published in the Good Food Magazine or something similar; no tricks of the food photography trade necessary.
So happy you enjoyed your pancake breakfast! I am sure the hunger will quieten down eventually; as you say it's just a case of sitting with it for the moment until your body learns to trust you again, though obviously that's easier said than done. You're doing brilliantly though.
I sympathise / empathise so much with the work situation and good luck with the essays; you're naturally bright enough to turn out six brilliant ones anyway. Just breathe, keep calm and believe in yourself (oh, and keep nourishing that brain!)
With regard to the valentine...does Mr. Triumphofourtiredeyes not leave rather close to Tyneside :P Ooh, I'm being a mischievous cupid now...
<3
~Jess~
xoxoxoxo
^^ haha I am seeing him on Friday I will bully him until he a) confesses or b) helps me brainstorm :D somehow don't think it was him tho but idk he could be a secret lover of pranks for all I know!
ps LOL at the mini eggs! I don't like them, cause I hate sugar coatings! but I'll have to think of a way to incorporate Easter chocolate into a breakfast somehow now you said that ;)
^As pancake filling :P Claire's bloke made pancakes the first morning he was back from Afghanistan, and one had beef in it and the other had...Mr Kipling's Lemon slices. Weird boy!
Your food makes me happy for you ;) it's even fun to look at! That snack might have been an odd combination but it looks great. I'm sorry your stomach is attempting to digest itself again, how annoying. I'm sure it'll settle down, it's probably one of those things that will dissipate quite suddenly without you noticing it. Bodies are weird things but they don't really want to torture their owners, most of what they do is geared towards survival. I know it's not much consolation knowing that it's a biological reaction to starvation when you're going through it but hey, at least it means your body still works ;) and everyone I know who has gone through weight restoration has said that the hunger calmed down after a while.
Pancakes rock :D it's so good to be able to take part in stuff like that again right? yay :)
hey girl just found yor blog. i am SO GLAD to hear you are eating now and agining weight. i saw you jan 4th picture and thoguht for a moment it was current. i hope your good food trend continutes. i am sending you good vies for recovery via the web!! you sound like a strong heart i will definitely keep up with yoU!
are you seeing a nutritionist for a meal plan or just doing it on your own?
Hey, just came across your blog through Katie's. Having those off limit foods (pancakes!) is one of the best things about recovery. And I love putting together those huge bowls of yogurt.
Anonymous valentine--how exciting!
Good luck with all your essays.
Post a Comment