snap happy
16:11 Edit This 3 Comments »
so basically, I'm too tired to post anything long but I have loads of pictures!
(kidding. sort of.)
firstly, Katie's post reminded me of a pact me made on MSN. do I link to her blog in every post? possibly, but hey, everyone should visit her! anyway, we were talking while I was coming up with an interesting new variant on pizza: instead of the tofu from my last one I used sausages! anyone ever seen those crazy Dominoes 'Meat Feast' pizzas...seemingly often consumed by teenage boys? I was trying to think of something which 'sounded' really intimidating to eat and this fit the bill. can't quite put a finger on why but what the heck. I said to Katie that I didn't know whether I would take a pic because it would be another marker of being incredibly 'different' to most bloggers...not only do I NOT eat whole grains, I also do eat meat (and sugar :P but we all know that!). but we made a deal so I had to do it! I suspect it was far better than the Dominoes pizzas anyway...

I always burn them slightly though! not the greatest timekeeper ever...
in other news, I went shopping yesterday...it was nearly a totally unsuccessful mission, you know the kind where you just can't find ANYTHING you need? I had just about given up but I found some black trousers in Esprit's sale...I need them for matriculation cause I don't actually have a suit! and then obviously, I got sucked in by the shiny red signs and decided to buy a polo shirt too cause it was reduced and I was spending anyway...is anyone else a total sucker for advertising strategies? it gets me every time!
so on top of the gratuitous spending, yesterday was also made of awesome 'cause I nearly ran 5k for the first time! I say nearly cause it was actually 4.7...I am kicking myself now for not working out the distance first cause I definitely could have kept going. annoyingly this was in the evening, which meant I had to run around the roads where I live, and some of the way on the pavement, which I think may be the culprit for my knees being a bit sore today :( still, it felt amazing...I updated my Facebook that night as 'Fi feel like she can fly', lol.
so today I went down to the path by the Thames near my house, just to do some reading and soaking up the sun...I ran there the other day and wanted so badly to take pictures, so this time I could! check this out...it's so pretty...



hey, at least the polo I needlessly bought is colour co-ordinated with my iPod earphones :P
I sat there for awhile reading 'The Three Sisters' which is on my drama module for English. At least this module has some great texts...if I don't get sent my History choices soon I will probably end up studying Medieval book-binding or something and want to bash my own head in with boredom. Post-reading in the sun I went to get something to eat/drink in the infamous Sainsburys and got ID'd AGAIN buying this...

as I love Red Bull and I love caffeine I thought I might be impressed...but not really. despite 32mg per 100ml it really didn't touch me at all. perhaps I need to join Caffeine Anonymous? tasted ok, but was the most un-filling thing imaginable despite that I had a small snack with it too. hence when I got home I broke out a failsafe...

Marmite = love.
I'm so happy that I can just eat something in this casual way at the moment if I'm hungry, without feeling scared or trying to cut back later. after seeing a minor weight loss Friday, I've been eating a lot more and am now almost at the level I was as an inpatient...I could never have believed I'd be able to eat this much alone, still almost can't believe it actually! I know I won't gain as fast because my weight is higher and I'm running now, but as before I was gaining 3+lbs a week I'm happy to go slower than that :P what makes me grin is the fact that in terms of facing that amount of food in a day, it's just the same (well, more difficult as I am taking responsibility for making the choices and preparing the food myself), and I feel more than ok about it.
tomorrow = more reading (I got Jung Chang's biography of General Mao from the library...can't wait), more typing and less photos! hope everyone is having a good weekend!
(kidding. sort of.)
firstly, Katie's post reminded me of a pact me made on MSN. do I link to her blog in every post? possibly, but hey, everyone should visit her! anyway, we were talking while I was coming up with an interesting new variant on pizza: instead of the tofu from my last one I used sausages! anyone ever seen those crazy Dominoes 'Meat Feast' pizzas...seemingly often consumed by teenage boys? I was trying to think of something which 'sounded' really intimidating to eat and this fit the bill. can't quite put a finger on why but what the heck. I said to Katie that I didn't know whether I would take a pic because it would be another marker of being incredibly 'different' to most bloggers...not only do I NOT eat whole grains, I also do eat meat (and sugar :P but we all know that!). but we made a deal so I had to do it! I suspect it was far better than the Dominoes pizzas anyway...
I always burn them slightly though! not the greatest timekeeper ever...
in other news, I went shopping yesterday...it was nearly a totally unsuccessful mission, you know the kind where you just can't find ANYTHING you need? I had just about given up but I found some black trousers in Esprit's sale...I need them for matriculation cause I don't actually have a suit! and then obviously, I got sucked in by the shiny red signs and decided to buy a polo shirt too cause it was reduced and I was spending anyway...is anyone else a total sucker for advertising strategies? it gets me every time!
so on top of the gratuitous spending, yesterday was also made of awesome 'cause I nearly ran 5k for the first time! I say nearly cause it was actually 4.7...I am kicking myself now for not working out the distance first cause I definitely could have kept going. annoyingly this was in the evening, which meant I had to run around the roads where I live, and some of the way on the pavement, which I think may be the culprit for my knees being a bit sore today :( still, it felt amazing...I updated my Facebook that night as 'Fi feel like she can fly', lol.
so today I went down to the path by the Thames near my house, just to do some reading and soaking up the sun...I ran there the other day and wanted so badly to take pictures, so this time I could! check this out...it's so pretty...
hey, at least the polo I needlessly bought is colour co-ordinated with my iPod earphones :P
I sat there for awhile reading 'The Three Sisters' which is on my drama module for English. At least this module has some great texts...if I don't get sent my History choices soon I will probably end up studying Medieval book-binding or something and want to bash my own head in with boredom. Post-reading in the sun I went to get something to eat/drink in the infamous Sainsburys and got ID'd AGAIN buying this...
as I love Red Bull and I love caffeine I thought I might be impressed...but not really. despite 32mg per 100ml it really didn't touch me at all. perhaps I need to join Caffeine Anonymous? tasted ok, but was the most un-filling thing imaginable despite that I had a small snack with it too. hence when I got home I broke out a failsafe...
Marmite = love.
I'm so happy that I can just eat something in this casual way at the moment if I'm hungry, without feeling scared or trying to cut back later. after seeing a minor weight loss Friday, I've been eating a lot more and am now almost at the level I was as an inpatient...I could never have believed I'd be able to eat this much alone, still almost can't believe it actually! I know I won't gain as fast because my weight is higher and I'm running now, but as before I was gaining 3+lbs a week I'm happy to go slower than that :P what makes me grin is the fact that in terms of facing that amount of food in a day, it's just the same (well, more difficult as I am taking responsibility for making the choices and preparing the food myself), and I feel more than ok about it.
tomorrow = more reading (I got Jung Chang's biography of General Mao from the library...can't wait), more typing and less photos! hope everyone is having a good weekend!

3 comments:
Congrats on your run :-) your strength must be picking up again, it looks really pretty from the pics.
Im glad you attitude with food/eating is becoming more relaxed and better. Your pizza looked great, not odd at all,I have nothing against vegans/vegeterians etc but sometimes its nice to see someone else eat meat to!
I cant say the same for Marmite though, I just dont like the stuff!
Have a great weekend
xoxo
I have to say that you live in such a lovely environment ~ so picturesque!
Great job on the run ~ you're slowly building your endurance and taking a brilliant approach to training: I admire your strength so much as it took me months and months to get back to running any distance after I'd been at a low weight.
Put whatever you darn well want on a pizza: vegans and vegetarians by and large won't judge you (I certainly don't: I'm obviously very pro-veganism but I'd never foist my beliefs on someone with a history of EDs and as sensitive a digestive system as yours. Veganism just isn't viable for many people and trying to guilt people out about it just isn't fair), and if they do then they're not worth bothering with. Nobody, I repeat, nobody is perfect and the blog world would be very boring if everyone had green monsters for breakfast and ate raw salads all day ~ TBH I'm pretty sick of seeing them! Be proud to be different and original : )
<3
Hell yeah to Jessica's comment - if you ever see me eating nothing but green monsters and raw salads you are welcome to tell me to go back to evil Kate and get my head screwed back on :P I'm sure it works for some people but there will always be pizza and muffins on my blog, even if they are allergy friendly!
Aw, I'm glad you're enjoying running so much :D be careful not to increase too much though, it's usually recommended that you stay at the same distances for a week or so and not increase your weekly mileage by more than 10% each week, otherwise you run the risk of injury. I know it's tempting to go for it but if you mess your joints up you'll have to do it an awful lot slower than that! Lol, I am a terrible nag :P
yay for spontaneous marmite and toast! :)
Post a Comment