so I may as well be pregnant...
19:54 Edit This 7 Comments »
ok perhaps a little dramatic! but seriously...after many conversations with Katie we have concluded that weight restoration is like going through puberty twice (or three, four, five...you get the picture but this is the LAST time I tell you!)
so remember my awful dreading nothing mood yesterday. today I woke up feeling amazing and I have no idea why. it's times like this that keep me going, because I swear over the past few weeks as my weight has gone up I've been SO much more...sane? normal? happy? I don't know. I did feel physically better when I was gaining in hospital but perhaps I wasn't on board mentally, or perhaps I hadn't gained enough...I don't know but for the first time I feel really huge changes mentally. I don't feel like an addict in withdrawal anymore at all...today I was looking back on times when I used to literally spend my life on my ED and it seems so damn unappealing, monotonous, sad. I mean seriously, I used to spend every damn spare waking moment eating? how mind numbing. and this isn't in a 'but I secretly want to restrict' way...asides from purging anorexia I have three relapses worth of experience with restrictive type and I can testify that it's hell painted in different colours ;) in any case the idea bores the life out of me. I've even been eating my meals a heck of a lot quicker because, really, I get bored! which is so freeing. I've always eaten fairly slowly and it helps me to digest better, but before I ate more slowly because I was scared, I guess. every bite was thought about, considered. now I am just eating, it's cool!
anyway in a more mundane record of progress, my weight was up another kg this morning :D (and that is exactly the emotion I felt, lol). annoyingly it was :D at first and then a whole load of overanalysing and confusion, but never mind. in any case I am 2kg away from the weight I agreed with my doctor that I'd be before moving out to uni! I move in 15 days so it's a bit touch and go there to be honest, but freshers doesn't start until just under a month's time so I can always make it by then. it's not my highest weight I'm aiming for but I've never in my life stayed there long term...it's always been gain up to it, or a few kg higher, then relapse badly. so this time is going to have to be VERY different.
I took some pics today so I have to tell you about my day ok? actually it wasn't exactly thrilling but it was pretty much my one day relaxing at home this week so I had to get stuff done. stuff being shopping!

I really like Frosties, k? I wonder how long 750g will last...seeing as I use a 60g serving probably not very! to all others who said that 30g serving sizes are for crazies (or small children) I wholeheartedly agree...

here's the new stuff I bought...you don't need to see all my 'same old' shopping! flaked rice was recommended by Katie as it's fibre free...I will try it soon. Sainsburys fromage frais was an idea from Ellie, thank you! I already tried this and LOVE it. other stuff is tinned pineapple (did you know this has very little fibre? omg I was excited, I want fruit!), Sainsbury's spaghetti hoops (Heinz made theirs multigrain. fail Heinz, stop catering to normal healthy people and start catering to me!), marshmallow wafers, V8, japanese curry sauce and rice noodles.
ok funny story about the V8. I wanted to get a veggie fix without killing my digestive system. thought this would do the trick. what I didn't realise is that it's overwhelmingly TOMATO flavoured! I HATE tomatoes with a burning passion. gross. so basically I chucked it in the bin, and went out later in the day to buy some of their carrot/tropical fruit juice instead. you wouldn't get me to drink tomato juice if I were dying of thirst. if anyone's interested that curry sauce is good, and new as far as I know. it's not very spicy though. spice = my best friend and this made me sad.
after my grocery buying fun I had lunch then went running :) this was my reward to myself for my most recent bmi 'threshold' reached, although I don't intend to do more than about 6k a week until I'm at 17.5/18 or so. I did 1.5k today and it felt REALLY good. sidenote - I'm a bad Brit, I don't do miles. I ran 1.5 and 3k when I was at school so those are distances I 'get'. years of muscle wastage are killing me though, it took me over 8 minutes and I used to be able to do under 7 without much sweat :( but I'm sure it will come back! I'd love to be able to run for longer too but I always did middle distance...I tended to not have the patience to properly train for long races and just work on the assumption that pure willpower and stubborness would get me through. this is not the case when you have a body attached people. must undo what is obviously a sign of my general life mentality!
after I ran I ate, watched some TV, played cards then had dinner (rice noodles with tofu and the japanese curry sauce, yay!). I fell asleep AGAIN after dinner, I keep doing this! it's almost like I sleep twice cause I nap in the evening for an hour or two, then stay up late and sleep til morning. weirdness. am currently blogging and just ate this...

60g for the WIN. I need to sleep ASAP cause I'm going out tomorrow with someone I haven't seen in a loooong time, and I need to get into London early to pick up some things I need before I meet my other friend to go to the cinema. I have a feeling my vampiric stay up all night nature may be genetic and incurable. but nevermind!
so remember my awful dreading nothing mood yesterday. today I woke up feeling amazing and I have no idea why. it's times like this that keep me going, because I swear over the past few weeks as my weight has gone up I've been SO much more...sane? normal? happy? I don't know. I did feel physically better when I was gaining in hospital but perhaps I wasn't on board mentally, or perhaps I hadn't gained enough...I don't know but for the first time I feel really huge changes mentally. I don't feel like an addict in withdrawal anymore at all...today I was looking back on times when I used to literally spend my life on my ED and it seems so damn unappealing, monotonous, sad. I mean seriously, I used to spend every damn spare waking moment eating? how mind numbing. and this isn't in a 'but I secretly want to restrict' way...asides from purging anorexia I have three relapses worth of experience with restrictive type and I can testify that it's hell painted in different colours ;) in any case the idea bores the life out of me. I've even been eating my meals a heck of a lot quicker because, really, I get bored! which is so freeing. I've always eaten fairly slowly and it helps me to digest better, but before I ate more slowly because I was scared, I guess. every bite was thought about, considered. now I am just eating, it's cool!
anyway in a more mundane record of progress, my weight was up another kg this morning :D (and that is exactly the emotion I felt, lol). annoyingly it was :D at first and then a whole load of overanalysing and confusion, but never mind. in any case I am 2kg away from the weight I agreed with my doctor that I'd be before moving out to uni! I move in 15 days so it's a bit touch and go there to be honest, but freshers doesn't start until just under a month's time so I can always make it by then. it's not my highest weight I'm aiming for but I've never in my life stayed there long term...it's always been gain up to it, or a few kg higher, then relapse badly. so this time is going to have to be VERY different.
I took some pics today so I have to tell you about my day ok? actually it wasn't exactly thrilling but it was pretty much my one day relaxing at home this week so I had to get stuff done. stuff being shopping!
I really like Frosties, k? I wonder how long 750g will last...seeing as I use a 60g serving probably not very! to all others who said that 30g serving sizes are for crazies (or small children) I wholeheartedly agree...
here's the new stuff I bought...you don't need to see all my 'same old' shopping! flaked rice was recommended by Katie as it's fibre free...I will try it soon. Sainsburys fromage frais was an idea from Ellie, thank you! I already tried this and LOVE it. other stuff is tinned pineapple (did you know this has very little fibre? omg I was excited, I want fruit!), Sainsbury's spaghetti hoops (Heinz made theirs multigrain. fail Heinz, stop catering to normal healthy people and start catering to me!), marshmallow wafers, V8, japanese curry sauce and rice noodles.
ok funny story about the V8. I wanted to get a veggie fix without killing my digestive system. thought this would do the trick. what I didn't realise is that it's overwhelmingly TOMATO flavoured! I HATE tomatoes with a burning passion. gross. so basically I chucked it in the bin, and went out later in the day to buy some of their carrot/tropical fruit juice instead. you wouldn't get me to drink tomato juice if I were dying of thirst. if anyone's interested that curry sauce is good, and new as far as I know. it's not very spicy though. spice = my best friend and this made me sad.
after my grocery buying fun I had lunch then went running :) this was my reward to myself for my most recent bmi 'threshold' reached, although I don't intend to do more than about 6k a week until I'm at 17.5/18 or so. I did 1.5k today and it felt REALLY good. sidenote - I'm a bad Brit, I don't do miles. I ran 1.5 and 3k when I was at school so those are distances I 'get'. years of muscle wastage are killing me though, it took me over 8 minutes and I used to be able to do under 7 without much sweat :( but I'm sure it will come back! I'd love to be able to run for longer too but I always did middle distance...I tended to not have the patience to properly train for long races and just work on the assumption that pure willpower and stubborness would get me through. this is not the case when you have a body attached people. must undo what is obviously a sign of my general life mentality!
after I ran I ate, watched some TV, played cards then had dinner (rice noodles with tofu and the japanese curry sauce, yay!). I fell asleep AGAIN after dinner, I keep doing this! it's almost like I sleep twice cause I nap in the evening for an hour or two, then stay up late and sleep til morning. weirdness. am currently blogging and just ate this...
60g for the WIN. I need to sleep ASAP cause I'm going out tomorrow with someone I haven't seen in a loooong time, and I need to get into London early to pick up some things I need before I meet my other friend to go to the cinema. I have a feeling my vampiric stay up all night nature may be genetic and incurable. but nevermind!

7 comments:
measuring 30g of cereal is just depressing when you see how little it is. although i've noticed some boxes state 40g as a portion and i'm sure i've seen one that said 50g! once again they're trying to confuse us and send us crazy - as if an ED doesn't do that enough. the only thing i do measure is porridge oats, because once cooked with milk it doubles in size! so you do end up with more than it looks at the start.
i'm a fruit and fibre addict myself, but i'm guessing from your remarks about low fibre things that it wouldn't do well for you!
take care.
Susie
xx
30g = fail. I would fall over by 9am if I just had that for breakfast! Rubbish cereal people.
Good luck with the rice flakes :) be prepared to be patient when cooking them though, they take 8-10 minutes and it can be very boring!
Ooh yay for running! I have to strangle you though, 1.5k in eight minutes is not slow :P I run at about 10kph which is SLOWER THAN YOUR SLOW. Mind you, I much prefer long distance to middle - and you should see my attempts at sprinting, it's hilarious! A snail could probably overtake me. Just not built for speed!
I'm so glad you're feeling more positive <3 it's wonderful when your body and mind actually behave themselves in response to all this effort you're putting in, right?! So they should as well, you deserve a break from all the crap!
30g? Yeah, right. That serving wouldn't feed a toddler, and also remember that quite often it's stated 'as part of a nutritious breakfast', which is why in adverts the cereal is often shown alongside toast/orange juice. I stopped weighing cereal as it was getting too depressing, but judging by how quickly I get through the boxes I'd say my breakfast is between 75g and 100g, no joke. Plus I always have dried fruit and/or banana with it. You have me craving Frosties now...or, more specifically, a vegan equivalent of Crunchy Nut Cornflakes. I actually ordered a 'Frostie-like' cereal which came today so I can't wait to try it!
So happy your mood is lifting, and congratulations on the run : ) That doesn't seem slow at all, partiuclarly not for someone still at a low body weight. Be sure to be careful and take it slowly though ~ your muscles need time to adjust and build up again, but I'm sure you know that anyway.
Take care : )
<3
We have a huge box of frosties in our house too, 750g. It's my mums because they're supposed to be good for iron I think but I had to hide it from myself or it'd only last a few minutes.
I don't think I have ever accuratley weighed out 30g of cereal. I have used those mini multi-pack boxes though, they're small portions. Probably made smaller by the fact I don't have milk - soggy cereal = ew, and milk makes me ill.
I can't believe I just left a huge comment about cereal... and I could go on! lmao
Oh well, I hope you have a good weekend :D
Katie x
I'm right with you on the tomato sentiment ... GAG ME!!
Have a great weekend :)
<3 <3
Ooh awesome shopping goods! Ha, I'm envious of those (like you) who love spicy foods because my eyes get all watery within 3 meters of something spicy. I would love to try curry one day but spice = not my best friend :(
:-) Im glad to hear your feeling more positive now and that your eatings is a bit more normal, thats really good progress. Ive found to as my weight has gone up my moods improved, it does make life a little nicer!
Yeah I agree with everyone on the 30g thing, I weighed out 30g of cereal once and just looked at it going no way that cant be right! Ohh I see you got some fromage frais, I love the stuff, Ive been eating loads recently mixed with cereal for breakfast, its so good!
Have a great weekend, xoxo
Post a Comment